Hiring a professional to clean windows is an excellent investment for the home’s appearance and health. It will help keep the outside world from constantly being seen in the house, let more light inside, provide views of the surroundings that can be of great value, and significantly reduce drafts.
When most people think of cleaning windows, they think of the physical act of cleaning the glass. However, cleaning windows is about more than just glass. It also includes cleaning the frames, sills, and other surfaces that are part of the window.
Window cleaning is essential because dirt and grime can build upon them over time. This can make the window look dirty, even if the glass is clean.
In addition to making the window look dirty, dirt and grime can also damage the window over time. This is why it is essential to clean all of the surfaces of the window regularly.
There are a few different ways to clean windows. The most common cleaning method is to use a squeegee and soap or cleaner. However, specialty cleaners can also be used for tougher stains.
Starting from the top and working way down when cleaning windows is essential. This will help prevent streaks from forming on the glass.
How To Choose The Right Window Cleaner
When choosing a proper window cleaning service or cleaner, a few things need to be considered. First, decide what type of cleaner is preferable. There are two main types of cleaners: liquid and gel. Liquid cleaners are generally more expensive, but they are also more effective. Gel cleaners are less expensive, but they can be challenging to apply and may not work as well on windows with heavy dirt or grime build-up.
Second, decide how often to use the cleaner. If the plan is only on cleaning windows once a month, then a cheaper cleaner will suffice. However, if the goal is only to clean windows more frequently, invest in a more expensive cleaner that will last longer.
Third, consider the size of the windows. If there are large windows, it is essential to purchase a giant cleaner bottle. Conversely, if there are small windows, then a smaller bottle of cleaner will work.
How To Hire A Good Window Washer
Make sure to ask for good window washer references. A good window washer will have many happy customers who can vouch for their work. Secondly, be sure to ask about their experience. A good window washer will have plenty of experience cleaning windows and will know all the best techniques for getting them sparkling clean. Finally, ask for a price quote. A good window washer will be upfront about its prices and not try to overcharge.
How To Inspect The Window Washer’s Work
1. Inspect the window washer’s work to ensure that all windows are clean and streak-free. If any streaks or smears are present, be sure to point them out to the window washer so that they can re-clean those areas.
2. Also, check to ensure that the window frames and sills have been cleaned. Window washers can often miss these areas, so it’s important to check them.
3. If satisfied with the quality of the window washing, be sure to tip the window washer accordingly. A good rule of thumb is to tip them $1-$2 per window, or 10-15% of the total bill.
5 Tips for Getting the Best Results
1. Use the right tools for the cleaning job. This means using a good quality squeegee and window cleaning solution.
2. Work in small sections. This will help to prevent streaking and ensure that no spots are missed.
3. Wipe the edges first. Start by wiping the edges of the window with a squeegee, then move to the center.
4. Use a criss-cross pattern. When squeegeeing, use a criss-cross design to avoid streaks.
Cleaning the windows is a personal task that takes a little extra time and effort but is well worth it for the sparkling results.