Blinds are a staple in any home, but it can be difficult to choose the right blind for each room. This article will provide advice on how to find blinds that best suit your needs and match your décor. It will also discuss when you should use blinds, what materials are available, and which blinds are best suited for pets or children.
Compare it to the Environment
Before you begin, it’s a good idea to take a step back and consider what blinds would suit your environment best. Blinds usually come in different materials, however, there are some blinds that have fabric on them so they can be used for decoration. You can get an idea of what is available by shopping in furniture stores, though you can also search for “Half Price Blinds” online. Considering how large the internet is – no brick-and-mortar store can compete.
- Fabric blinds: These blinds typically have a thin fabric over a metal tube frame. The fabric is usually made from cotton or polyester and if this blind isn’t treated correctly then the fabric will quickly fade due to sunlight exposure.
- Sheer blinds: These blinds do exactly as their name suggests; they provide light rather than blind. Although sheers are blinds, they can be used in rooms where blinds aren’t usually needed; for example, if you want to go blind free then sheer blinds are perfect because not only do they allow natural lighting into the room but also give you a view of the outside without exposing everything inside the house.
- Venetian blinds: These blinds are attached together with cords and can roll up or down very easily. The standard height is around 90cm but larger blinds, which measure 120cm tall, are also available. They come in both fabric and metal materials so it’s important to think about what kind of setting you could use them in – will there be high traffic near them?
Choosing Colours and Fabrics
Once you have narrowed down the type of blinds you would like, it is important to consider the colors and fabrics. Here are a few things to think about:
- The amount of light that is let in: If you want blinds for privacy then you will want to choose a darker fabric that won’t allow much light through; conversely, if you want blinds for decoration then you will want to choose a lighter fabric or sheer blinds.
- Child safety: If there are children in your home, it is important to choose blinds that are safe for them to touch and pull on. Fabric blinds may not be the best choice as they can easily be pulled off the track and pose a choking hazard.
Blinds serve many purposes in the home. They can be used for decoration, provide privacy, or as a blind from sunlight and heat during certain seasons. Choosing blinds is not an easy task considering all of these factors; however, it will become much easier once you have answered the questions above to what purpose your blinds should fulfill before choosing fabrics and colors.