Cancer is a chronic condition that requires rigorous treatment and state of the art practices to beat. Chemotherapy is the first line of defense treatment that helps the patient to grab some handle on the mutating/cancerous cells. The obvious sign is hair loss in people who are undergoing the treatment. Thus, they will have to get a hair transplant after chemotherapy is over. Fortunately, the hair transplant cost in Pune is extremely affordable, and state of the art technology is present to make the process as efficient as possible. Following are some incredible detail that will help you to ascertain the process better;
What is Hair Transplant?
A hair transplant is a complicated procedure that involves picking up the hair from the head’s backside and then attaching it to the front side. A dermatological surgeon undergoes the process with various machines and smart procedures. Usually, local anesthesia is administered to the subject before performing the procedure.
Cancer only leads to loss of hair in patients when chemotherapy starts to happen. Usually, the hairs will grow back after the treatment is over, but in some cases, it doesn’t. Thus hair transplant becomes the last resort to get things in order. Other than cancer following are a few factors that can lead to hair loss;
- Unhealthy diet
- Hormonal imbalance
- Pattern Baldness/genetic disorder
Types of hair transplant procedures
At the moment, two different types of hair transplant procedures are actively being pursued in the medical industry; slit grafts and micrografts.
Slit grafts have about 4-10 hairs per graft, whereas the micrografts have 1-2 hairs per graft. But all of it depends on the amount of coverage needed.
The complete procedure of Hair Transplantation
As described earlier, local anesthesia is administered in the part of the head where the transplantation will commence. Two basic techniques cover the whole process of hair transplant: FUT (follicular unit transplantation) and FUE (follicular unit extraction).
Steps taking place in FUT (follicular unit transplantation)
- An incision will be made on the back of the head by the surgeon, and a strip of scalp skin gets pulled using a scalpel. The incision can be various inches long.
- The incision is then closed with the help of stitches.
- The section removed earlier is now separated into several small partitions with a magnifying glass and a sharp surgical knife. These sections are then placed on the bald area which will grow naturally into the human hair follicles, and will eventually grow into full-length hairs.
Steps taking place in FUE (follicular unit extraction)
The hair follicles are directly cut from the back of the head with the help of thousands of small punch incisions.
- Small holes are made by the surgeon in the area of your scalp that will receive the hair transplant. A small blade or sharp ended needle is used for this process.
- The hairs are then gently placed inside the holes. During the same session, the surgeon may place even thousands of hairs within the previously made holes in your scalp.
- Once the process is over, they will cover your head with gauze or bandages for some time.
The process can generally take about 4 hours, and the stitches will come off no less than ten days after the procedure. The number of sessions will be based on the particular hairstyle that you want, and for it, you may have three to four continuous sessions.
Complications associated with hair transplant
Although the side effects are minor, these will clear off in a week or ten days. Following are some of the complications associated with hair transplant;
- Scalp swelling
- Bruising around your eyes
- Formation of the crust on the back of your head
- Small itching
- Frequent loss of the hair that is transplanted earlier
Although there are complications, these are not that severe in number. With the help of a reduced hair transplant cost in Pune, everything will be alright.
It can be pretty hard to recover from cancer and its effects on your body. But with careful progression, things can get better; the hair transplant explained here binds with the same narrative, and before you know it, new tufts of hair are growing on your head. Now you know how to support a friend who has cancer.